The inspiration for this piece came from a centerpiece at an anniversary party for a couple of our friends, combined with a dose of Andy Warhol’s Marilyn Monroe heaped in.
Here is the original photo I took with my smartphone.
Using Photoshop I removed all the background imagery. I didn’t want to deal with any background interference from my encaustic background so I printed the image on my inkjet and glued it onto aluminum foil. I ironed it then burnished it into a 6×6 panel which I had created a yellow background.
For the remaining panels I let photoshop show off its prowess with its built-in filtering.
The upper right is a mosaic filter.
The bottom left is a saran wrap filter.
And the bottom right is the bas relief filter.
I then mounted all four pieces onto MDF board and put on a couple topcoats of resin.
I will be framing it in the coming days.